gps coordinate to gpx then shown in windy for better weather view

 



As Danny has a iridiumGO on board, they set it to transmit their position to me every few hours. I put it manually on a google sheet:






it was pretty difficult to present a route on google map, but these days, google provide "google data studio", make things pretty easy to present a google map with stuff on google sheet.



As weather man, I use windy or openCPN with zygrib to draw out the relation between route and wind before they go.



But as they moves on, I wish to show their current position on windy instead of planned route. So that I can tell them what to expect when they call me with few days interval.

I can manually adding gps coordination in windy, or make a gpx file to be imported to windy.

you can also write a python to do this, I tried an "easier" way: 
I first convert data from google data studio as a CSV.(this will contain only data presented on data studio)
I use this site to convert CSV to gpx

Once down load the gpx file, I can import to windy:


By doing this, I can have a more clear view on the weather condition at their current position.



留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

NMEA2000 arduino part1

Blue CV of Henry....how and what I am in sailing...

航海衣的選擇.....Gill v.s. 迪卡農